Brooklands story !
Charles Riley and his family began farming on the property that is now Brooklands Farm in October 1876.
A son, George, followed in his father's footsteps, building a large frame house on the property for his wife and family in 1899, and a new barn in 1901.
The third generation of Riley's, Roy and his wife, took over the farm in 1918 and established a dairy business. In 1937, they dismantled the original log house log-by-log and rebuilt it in a new location to house a pasteuriser, as was required by new legislation.
Following service as a bomber pilot during World War II, their son, Walker, returned to Brooklands with his English bride Joane and took over the farm. They continued farming part time while working for the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture. Following his retirement in 1985, Walker returned to full-time farming at Brooklands with Joane.
In 1999 Walker & Joane's son, Ken, his wife, Katya, and their sons, Nikhil and Rohan, returned to Brooklands after working in Africa and Asia for over 30 years.
Over the years, Brooklands Farm has undergone a transition from dairy farming to market gardening, a thriving maple syrup operation and now a popular event venue for weddings and celebrations in the restored and refurbished heritage buildings.